Friday, November 7, 2008

Week to Week End

This started out a FABULOUS week, and I sat up until 1 am listening to Obama's speech. What an absolute TREAT to now have a President who sounds....presidential.

And then things took a turn. Miss Earline, a woman who worked for me years ago, passed away suddenly. Earline was a right piece of work...we always used to say there was a story there with her, but she wasn't giving it up. And honestly one of the best-hearted people - I remember how she loved to hear stories about my nieces and nephew as well as my crazy grandmother (who had a fair amount in common with Earline, truth be told).

And then a dear friend had the rug ripped out from underneath him, and I so desperately want to make it all better...is that being a good friend or is that my Little Miss Fix-It compulsion surfacing? Either way, it is a cruel reminder that Life Is Not Fair and we should all get do-overs.

And now it is Friday, and I am so tired I can barely stand up. I will consider this weekend successful if I clean the bathroom, finish knitting a sock, and watch the episodes of Weeds that turned up in my mailbox via Netflix. I would also like to get the cat to stop LICKING THE VACUUM CLEANER (I swear, this cat....) but I'm not holding my breath.

Addendum: Just discovered that Netflix sent the complete third season of RESCUE ME, not the third season of Weeds. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: