Monday, August 11, 2008

Moving Update

Between moving and, well, moving, I haven't had the time or inclination to update the blog. I haven't even been writing in my journals, or writing for my class, and my body can actually FEEL that I haven't been writing...it's like the words are just waiting to spill out of my brain, down my arm, and out my fingers. Except now I'm completely and totally engrossed by those teenage vampire novels written by a Mormon...I find it all completely fascinating, and spent the afternoon at work surreptitiously reading behind my desk. I don't find it as addictive as Harry Potter, but it definitely made my train rides go by a lot more quickly!

On the home front, the cat is annoying me beyond belief. He was fine the first few days, but he now appears to have caught on that he's stuck with me, and I'm not sure he's too thrilled about it. The one thing he appears to be happy with is my yoga mat, which he is now using as his scratching post. Luckily it's an old one, and frankly as long as it keeps him from yowling at me, I'm fine with it.

It's so strange to be in a house and not have to worry about being too loud. The other night I was in the jacuzzi at 11 pm, and realized I could sing Alanis Morissette songs as loud as my little heart wanted to, and I did. It was an insanely freeing thing to do - I heartily encourage everyone to try this (pick your own poison; it doesn't have to be Alanis). It occurred to me later that it was entirely possible that the neighbors could have heard me - I don't sing particularly well, but I can sing loud, and if their windows were open...but then I remembered all the grief the neighbors have given my sister over the years and just sang louder.

No comments: