Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another Finished Project

This project, being modeled by the chaise lounge on the deck, is based on the "Wall Organizer" pattern found in the book "Simple Sewing" by Lotta Jansdotter.  I added tabs at the top to hang, instead of a panel; the panel looked a little weird to me.  I used Amy Butler fabrics, which I LOVE, but if I were to make this again I would definitely use heavier-weight material.  The instructions call for canvas, but I loved this print (which is basic 100% cotton quilt fabric) and thought it was worth a try.  I did use some iron-on interfacing on the lining, which helped add a little weight & stiffness to help it hang.  It's a very easy sewing project - the toughest part is ironing the pockets and lining them up straight, which would have been much easier if I had a larger ruler or cutting mat.  Now, I just have to find a dowel or something similar to hang it...there's a little alcove in my new apartment (moving June 1!) that I think this will fit in nicely.

No comments: