Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happiness Is A New Pen

A few weeks ago, I compiled a list of the things I thought I should do (or be, or eat, etc) at the ripe old age of 38.  This list wasn't necessarily full of things I genuinely believed to be true, but one that the mostly parental voices in my subconscious dreamed up (for example, "should not eat Cadbury Eggs for dinner".)  One of the items on the list was "should write with a real pen, a la Cross, instead of my stash of rainbow-colored Sharpie markers".  And so, I was delighted today to find a box in the driveway this afternoon, from my dear friend Diane, that contained a cool Cross pen with a note that said "you can check this off your list".  Isn't that GREAT?!   I gleefully laughed my head off for a good ten minutes.  I love it.   



No comments: