Sunday, July 19, 2009

Non-Train Knitting!


I am, at best, a mediocre knitter, and so I am always thrilled - and more than a little surprised - when I knit something that actually resembles the photo in the instructions.  This little sweater has, um, an issue or two...but it was a great "learning curve" project.  It's knit all in one piece, but there was enough sewing up to do that I was able to finally figure out mattress stitching.  I knit this in an oatmeal-colored alpaca, as it is incredibly soft (if impractical...), and  I added a shiny (and somewhat sparkly) organdy ribbon.  The sweater actually ties in the back, but I tied it on the side for photo purposes.  

Yarn = Frog Tree 100% Alpaca Wool
Pattern = "Wrap Top" from Easy Baby Knits by Claire Montgomerie

On a completely unrelated subject, everyone in the universe should go buy Ray La Montagne's new album.  Trust me.  He only looks scary.

No comments: