Thursday, September 10, 2009

Random Thursday

1)  Yesterday I found out that Sasha Frere-Jones is male.  This rocked my world and I felt like an idiot; however, if the New Yorker's Facebook page is to be believed, I am not alone.
2) My guitar teacher -- rather optimistically -- gave me the chords to to the song "Unwell" by Matchbox 20 to learn.  The only chord I can manage is the one that accompanies the line "I'm not crazy"...so last night I spent a good 20 minutes strumming and singing that one line.  It amused me.  I hope the neighbors did not hear, as they would probably NOT be amused.
3) For someone who really doesn't watch that much TV, I seem to be OD'ing on NCIS reruns lately.  I am not sure what this is about.  I think there is a part of me that secretly wants to be the Abby character, even though it's been decades since I could pull off the whole pigtails look.  
4) This weekend my college roommate came to visit me, and we took her 4-year old to the aquarium...where I am fairly certain we witnessed the mating of two sea horses.  I have not quite dared to Google this, though, because I am afraid of what might turn up.  Also?  Sea horses have always given me the heebee-jeebies, in much the same way as those little baby ears of corn that come in Chinese food.  I can't explain it.
5) What was the 4-year old's favorite thing about the aquarium?  The Spiderman balloon she got afterwards at Quincy Market.  The sea dragons received honorable mention.  
6) And finally...the cat has lost his mind, I tell you.  I don't know if it's the change in the weather or what, but my apartment is now apparently his personal training ground for the Kentucky Derby of cats, as he races around and around in a (sort of) circle chasing nothing -- at least, nothing that is visible to the human eye.  And woe to my ankles if I happen to walk in the middle of this race course, because he is not above attacking me.  Tonight I came home to find my yoga mat askew, and it didn't take me long to discover why:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a 'cat' person, I can appreciate and really love this photo. Really enjoy your writings!