2) I seem to be on another purple kick. This happened last fall, and I find it odd. I am currently knitting a purple sweater, sewing purple patchwork squares, and I bought a purple scarf.
3) When I'm not listening to "9 Crimes", I'm listening to "Twilight" by The Weepies. In this case, I love the lyrics. It's kind of a sad song, actually - "no one knocks upon your door / 'til you don' t care anymore / a little alone but it's all right / we are always living in twilight" - but it has the perverse result of cheering me up.
4) I was feeling really ordinary the other day, and what do you know, there's actually a Wiki-how page on "how to be extraordinary". Of course there is. And if it were only that simple.
5) I cannot believe tomorrow is October. Where did it all go? I'm not ready for winter. I'm not ready for the inevitable cranky mornings when I have to get up early and spend who-knows-how-long cleaning the ice and snow off the car. I AM looking forward to baking bread again - for me, this is a winter sport.
6) Two years ago I was getting ready to move to NYC. In retrospect, I cannot believe I did it. I'm still not sure if it was the best thing I ever did or if it was sheer lunacy. I trend towards the latter.
7) Speaking of sheer lunacy, the cat continues his evil ways. Tonight he calmed down for a few minutes and, all innocent-like, cat-napped in a basket of fabric. It's like he instinctively KNOWS to be exactly where I don't want him to be. (But isn't he cute?!)