Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Random Wednesday (Late Edition)

1)  I cannot stop listening to the song "9 Crimes" by Damien Rice.  Can. Not.  Stop.  I also cannot make any sense out of the lyrics whatsoever.  Is there a euphemism I'm missing?  Apparently, though, I am not alone.  (Also?  video totally reminds me of the "sorta fairytale" video by Tori Amos.)
2) I seem to be on another purple kick.  This happened last fall, and I find it odd.  I am currently knitting a purple sweater, sewing purple patchwork squares, and I bought a purple scarf.  
3)  When I'm not listening to "9 Crimes", I'm listening to "Twilight" by The Weepies.  In this case, I love the lyrics.  It's kind of a sad song, actually - "no one knocks upon your door / 'til you don' t care anymore / a little alone but it's all right / we are always living in twilight" - but it has the perverse result of cheering me up.  
4) I was feeling really  ordinary the other day, and what do you know, there's actually a Wiki-how page on "how to be extraordinary".  Of course there is.  And if it were only that simple.
5) I cannot believe tomorrow is October.  Where did it all go?  I'm not ready for winter.  I'm not ready for the inevitable cranky mornings when I have to get up early and spend who-knows-how-long cleaning the ice and snow off the car.  I AM looking forward to baking bread again - for me, this is a winter sport.
6)  Two years ago I was getting ready to move to NYC.  In retrospect, I cannot believe I did it.  I'm still not sure if it was the best thing I ever did or if it was sheer lunacy.  I trend towards the latter.
7)  Speaking of sheer lunacy, the cat continues his evil ways.  Tonight he calmed down for a few minutes and, all innocent-like, cat-napped in a basket of fabric.  It's like he instinctively KNOWS to be exactly where I don't want him to be.  (But isn't he cute?!)


2 comments:

danielle said...

I am wondering where September went? It seems like it was just Labor Day and boom! it is October - nothing in between!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, yes indeed cats 'always' know where they 'should' be..in their minds. (on the bills when we are writing them out, in the knitting bag when we are knitting, on the newspaper when we are trying to read). Love purple myself..it's my favorite color ! :-)