Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Activities

1) Guitar lesson. Supposed to be learning "Hey Jude" by the Beatles. Cannot play an F chord to save my life.
2) Library. Got a migraine & came home & slept until 6 pm.
3) Watched "Coupling" DVD (season 3). Laughed so hard my sides hurt.
4) 3-hour phone call with S. Sometimes I wonder how two people who have known each other for 20 years can possibly have that much to say to each other. Or maybe it's precisely because we've known each other so long that we have that much to talk about? Also: it seems impossible that I've known anyone not related to me that long.
5) Trip to mall. I hate malls. Did not find a new winter coat, which I desperately need. Bought pants instead. Still trying to figure out why the Talbot's sales ladies kept pointing me to the petite section, as I am 5' 7" and believe me, not a thing about me qualifies as petite with the exception of my feet. Pants are black. What a surprise.
6) Had a large caramel mocha around 2 pm. That plus my migraine-induced nap from yesterday pretty much guarantees I will not be sleeping tonight.
7)Cleaned up the apartment just enough to locate my my W-2 form. (Which reminds me, I left a pair of hand-knit socks soaking in the sink...)
8) Did my federal taxes. Loving that "Making Work Pay" business and hoping the state of MA doesn't gobble it up.
9) I did NOT finish my Knitting Olympics project. This is embarrassing, particularly since I chose to make a GARTER STITCH BABY SWEATER. I MEAN REALLY. But remember how I mentioned that I am rather un-fond of knitting with cotton yarn? When I started out, I had a gauge of 5 stitches per inch, which would have made this a baby-sized sweater. But cotton GROWS, and now I have something that will probably fit my friend's 4-year old, assuming I don't run out of yarn. I should have frogged it.

10)TYPING IN ALL CAPS MAKES ME THINK OF THE BOOK "HARRIET THE SPY". HOW I LOVED THAT BOOK.

Now? Seriously thinking about casting on another pair of socks. Those, I can handle.

No comments: