Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back, Albeit Briefly

Back in the city, after a series of whirlwind adventures. First, a visit from A., the highlight of which was seeing Avenue Q. We did attempt the Brooklyn Bridge, but we discovered it is not for the faint of heart. We missed the Pope, but did manage to stumble our way through a Denzel Washington movie set downtown. And, we visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art, where two young siblings ran through the sculpture garden yelling "Look! A penis!". It was actually pretty funny.

I spent a whole 24 hours in Maine, getting my car fixed, and then took off for my sister's house. Yesterday I went into Boston to interview for a job (cross fingers...), and today drove back to NYC after taking a....well, a CREATIVE route back. I found a parking spot on the right side of the street, although it was insanely tight and S. would have been SO proud of me for getting in there (if you need to learn parallel parking, I suggest driving to any side street in Queens for practice; if you can parallel park there, you are set for life). And now, despite the arrival of Netflix in my mailbox, I really MUST stop procrastinating and get packing. Ugggggggghhhhh.

No comments: