Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Checking Off The List

Today was my last day of work, and it was unremarkable except for an annoying misunderstanding about the commuter reimbursement program at work that sent me scurrying to buy a monthly MetroCard pass. I hope S. or someone he knows can use it; I was NOT going to leave that money on the table. Happily, and somewhat unbelievably, they are paying me for 12 days unused vacation time (I had calculated 9). Not bad for 4 and a half months work.

Honestly, I am much more relieved about getting my taxes mailed. I did manage to finish them in time, although God help the people who have to process them. As some of you might recall, there was a major leak in my apartment that soaked all of my tax stuff, and while I re-did the forms, all I could do was dry out my W2s. This was the first year that I have not sent in my taxes until the last possible second, mainly because it is the first year that I had to write a check to the federal government. So, you can imagine my surprise when I turned up at the post office where there was at least 60 other people in line. (were at least 60 people in line? grammar police, anyone?).

I should be doing laundry right now, but I have no energy whatsoever to do it. In addition to laundry, I still have to clean out the fridge (ugh) and pack. But what I REALLY want is to go get Chinese food and watch the very last DVD of Ballykissangel and knit.

Posting over the next...however long may be sporadic as I am going to be back and forth for the next couple of weeks, and then I actually don't know where I will be living exactly but it will not be in NYC or at my parents house. That much I know. Also, lest you think my ranting about the neighbors is over, it appears my sister's issues with HER neighbors have cropped up again. It may be a recurring theme in my life for the next few years. (Although, it is fairly safe to say I don't have to worry about them playing salsa music on my roof at 2 am. We'll see.)

Finally, I am really looking forward to the next few days, between getting to hang out with S. and then A.'s visit, which will include a trip to see Avenue Q (Wicked was just too expensive...).
I may have to drag her to a yarn store while she's here, but I promise it will be quick!


No comments: