Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh for the love of #$%^

I moved this weekend.  Here are the traumas, in no particular order:

1)  Commuter rail runs right next to building.  Didn't think much of it at the time, since train doesn't seem so loud when I'm riding it.  BIG mistake.  I will either get used to it or spend the next year whining about it...start placing your bets now.
2)  Cat is completely freaked out, partly because he's in a new place and partly because the train whistle scares the bejeezus out of him.  
3)  Understand after last night why I never had kids:  was up with the cat every 2 hours, him yowling like a newborn, banging and scratching the bathroom cabinets (so much for my security deposit...), and racing from room to room.  Wound up with him sleeping curled up next to me (which he never does) UNDERNEATH the blankets.  I freaked and thought he'd smother, but every time I moved the blanket he crawled in deeper.  At a certain point, I was too flipping tired to care, and assumed that a cat who has walked this earth for 6 years must know a thing or two about breathing.  Either that or he was suicidal.  He has spent the entire day under the bed sleeping, and I fear another round of Mr. Nocturnal is in my future tonight.
4) I am covered in bruises.
5) After three days, am still not done.  However, the big stuff is moved and I have the rest of the week off.  Must sleep before I do anything else.  So. Tired.
6) Apartment is in the front of the building above the main entrance.  Teenagers hang out on the steps there after school playing "I'm Too Cool To Do Anything But Sit Around and Swear" while trying to throw a basket ball on the (my) roof.  
7) Elderly couple downstairs turned on their TV in their bedroom for the 11 pm news.  Guess how I know this.
8)  It also appears I live right around the corner from the fire station.  Handy, but loud.  And for some reason shortly after I got here last night, four fire trucks careened into the parking lot with their sirens blaring and lights flashing.  No idea why, as there was no alarm going off.

Clearly, I am meant to live alone in a cave somewhere far, far away from the rest of humanity.  Tomorrow, I'm investigating noise canceling ear phones.

No comments: